20 May 2015

Homemade Kindle cover

When I got my Kindle a couple of years ago I was too stingy to pay for the protective wallet cover thing that they tried to add-on at the time, but naturally I did want to keep my new toy safe from scuffs and scratches. The solution was to purchase a hardback school exercise book for a few dollars and to make my own nondescript, low-profile case. And it's performed the task admirably, only suffering a small defeat at the hands of a spilled glass of water - but while the exercise book was water-damaged, it kept the device inside perfectly dry.  All you need to make your own is a book that's thick enough to provide some padding above and below the e-reader, and then you hollow out the centre of the book with a craft knife. Simple! (Although I admit in the image below mine has clearly seen better days.) 


No comments: