02 October 2011

RNZAF Red Checkers

Following on from yesterday’s naval parade through the city, today featured an aerobatics display from the Royal New Zealand Air Force’s Red Checkers display team. Five pilots put their New Zealand-built single-seat CT-4E Airtrainers through a challenging and presumably crowd-pleasing routine above Wellington harbour.  I say ‘presumably’ because I actually observed the display from my deck up in Highbury.  The Checkers did a loop around my house, so I like to think they spotted me on the deck with my camera and did a special lap just for me! The display finished with a dramatic starburst manoeuvre, which must have looked fantastic from the waterfront and from the Cook Strait ferry, which was just leaving port and had all the action going on directly overhead.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

No comments: